I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth. 3 John 1:4

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Curriculum for 2014-2015

This coming year, I think may be my easiest yet.  I will have Emily in 5th grade, and Michelle will be in 7th.  Michael is a senior this year and fully independent at this point.  He will be dual enrolling in three classes each semester at USF, taking bible classes with Ligonier Connect, and a persuasive writing/speaking dvd class from IEW.  The biggest change will be that Don will be handling the teaching and grading of Michelle's work this year.  I will still be responsible for her curriculum, lesson plans, and record keeping, so I guess we'll be co-teaching.  He seems to handle the difficulties I've been having with her all these years much better than I do, so hopefully this plan will work out well.  She does most of her work independently now anyway, so teaching her involves accountability, direction, and answering questions.  I am looking forward to spending more of my time focused on Emily's education, as she really needs my undivided attention now.

I have the following curriculum lined up for next year:

Emily (5th Grade)

Bible:  Studying God's Word G (Gospels), Memory Work Notebook (Catechism, Scripture memory)
Math: Abeka 5
English: Easy Grammar 5, Building Spelling Skills 5, Wordlywise 5, IEW Student Writing Intensive & Fables, Myths, and Fairy Tales, Fix it!
Literature/Reading: Veritas Press Literature Guides for 5th Grade - Mary Poppins, Anne of Green Gables...
Social Studies: Around the World in 180 Days, Maps, Globes, Graphs F, BJU Heritage Studies, Where in the World?
Science: Apologia Flying Creatures of the Fifth Day, My Nature Journal

Michelle (7th Grade)

Bible:  Studying God's Word G (Gospels), Memory Work Notebook (Catechism, Scripture memory)
Math: Saxon 76
English: Building Spelling Skills 7, Fix it!, IEW Medieval History
Literature: BJU Literature
Social Studies: BJU World Studies
Science: BJU Life Science

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails