I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth. 3 John 1:4

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Classical Conversations - Resources

One summer, a few years ago, a friend introduced me to the team who leads the Classical Conversations (CC) groups in our area.  It was a planning meeting, and I was invited with the thought of perhaps teaching high school science and math for them.  Although that plan never materialized because of the time commitment it would have required, I had the chance to learn a few things about the program.  We have not joined a Classical Conversations group, though the possibility exists that we may some day.  Cost and time commitment have been the main reasons why it hasn't worked out for us yet.

This last year, I decided to try one of Classical Conversations' calligraphy workbooks:  Prescripts Passages & Illuminations: American Documents.  I have been very happy with it.  For next year, I am planning on putting an emphasis on geography in our social studies curriculum and have decided to use one of CC's resources from their Trivium Tables - Geography.  This video explains what it is and how to use it.  I like that it is laminated and the maps can be traced with dry-erase markers.  Such a simple concept and so useful.



Two other great resources I'll be using next year for grammar and writing:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails